Wednesday, July 23, 2014

XtraMath in the Classroom




I have used Xtramath in my classroom for the last three years.  Students love seeing their fact grid.  Each time that students log-in, they can see how many facts they have mastered.  Students love the challenge of finishing their addition and subtraction to move onto their multiplication.  Each time they finish one of the operations, they receive a certificate.  I hang the certificates in the classroom on a wall for students to see.  

While I have used this program in my classroom for the last two years, it has improved students' math facts.  Overall, students enjoy using Xtramath.  Some can get discouraged if they work on the same operation for a longer time.  The students that are struggling, I bring back into a small group to work on strategies to help them memorize their facts. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment